Tuesday 20 December 2011

Taking a stand!


In life for those of us that are fortunate enough, we receive warning bells these are usually your gut feelings and those of us that don’t trust ourselves enough to heed the bells of warning tend to ignore them and what happens is they get louder until they become feelings of discomfort and at this point you can no longer ignore them. This is because you become uncomfortable and you feel the urgency to make a change and fix things!
Usually when you get to this point you have damage control to deal with as you have been ignoring yourself for a long period of time. I have reached such a point where the feelings of discomfort are so intense, that I cannot ignore them, to the point where they are bursting out of me negative and positive alike. Upon reviewing the source of this I have discovered that I have always taken the steps that people won’t take, I have always put myself out there and I have always been the bigger person (ok well at least most of the time I do try) but my problem is I’m tired! I cannot always be the one putting myself out there hurting myself and giving away all of me and my energy to the point of depletion. Relationships are two ways, and by relationships I mean all mother and child, friendships etc they are all relationships, you both have to put work in them and manage them like a bank account!! You don’t just make withdrawals without deposits otherwise you’re in the red!!! Likewise with your relationships you don’t just take without giving!!!!! I am at a point where I feel it’s necessary to TAKE A STAND and put me first as nobody else will and I will not forgive myself if I don’t take time and be me truly fully and 100% me with no impositions!!! I am taking a stand for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment