Saturday 17 December 2011

Door mat or just a good heart



I have always tried to be a kind person but there have been times when I have felt my kindness has been a double edged sword. People always want to take kindness for weakness and take advantage of people which I detest. I will always try and go beyond myself for the next person, but the people on the receiving end of my sacrifice always seem to want more which is over whelming as I can not always be giving 150% as it is a draining process. The trouble is when you show people a certain standard they quickly become accustomed to that standard and they are always expectant of that standard and this is when the line between having a good heart and being a door mat becomes ultra thin. This is because the pressure of meeting people’s expectations is very high whilst knowing your boundaries and limits are essential! So now I am at a crossroad am I to give 80% of me so people don't expect too much of me or do I over exert myself and risk emotional drainage?
This is a tricky one but at one point or another you will have to take a stand and decide what you need to do. My advice is always be true to yourself always give where you can and where you cannot don’t force issues. Life is an experience and you only enjoy the experience by living through it. There is no guide book so you have got to trust yourself you have to know who you truly are and then trust yourself enough to listen to your gut. Only then can, no one step in and dictate to you or make you compromise your integrity this is when you live your life to the fullest .This is when you move from the stage of just being alive to living, Life is not guaranteed, tomorrow is never definite so take each day and embrace it love it live it experience it and love it and listen to yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment