Thursday 8 December 2011

Love

Today I am going to be a tad bit interesting and discuss a topic that affects everyone LOVE!! What is it really for I think it’s more than just an emotion? Living in today’s society I feel love is constantly disregarded and abused and that is insane!!!!! Honestly I feel none of us really know what love is nor do we feel it, we may have ideas of it but the real thing is lacking!! 
To begin I will start with the definition of love: it is a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person or  a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
 
But in the bible it says: If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth but didn’t love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and knew everything about everything, but didn’t love others, what good would I be? And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without love I would be no good to anybody. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would be of no value whatsoever. Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way.

Now we see love differently we have the first definition which we all believe and live by, but if we carefully considered the biblical version we would all see how we all fall short and don’t actually truly love! I say this because I am at a stage where love is not so much a feeling as I don’t feel it, I care vastly for people I show them affection and I am kind but do I really love? Am I moved beyond myself for others by love or by duty? Do we love because we feel it from deep within or do we love because we should, because it is expected of us, it is the right thing to do or simply because we think someone loves us too? I believe in modern society we are simply scratching on the surface there is no true reality we are all just being and living and doing things because we should there is no genuine prompting or life in what we do. This is why we are so lost and distraught; there is no longer true passion and soul in the things we do.

Love takes place within deep within when you take a moment to value a person on your own and you come to realize their value and their worth when you have uncontrollable stirrings inside that prompt you to go beyond yourself and be humble and give your all!! This is what I think real love is and I think it is a rare as dinosaurs!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment