Monday 7 May 2012

Not Afraid to Stand Out!


If striving for wholeness means diminishing your competition, then your competition wasn’t much to begin with (D.J.Trump) This statement struck me for a bit because many a times I have been told that I overdo things that I stand out too much and I’m often asked why I work so hard?  The thing is I have never felt any of these statements were true as, I have a vision of who I am and where I am going with my life. I don’t bother competing with anyone I have the mental picture of where I want to be and that is my motivation. What others are doing is irrelevant to me I have my standard and I will stick to it regardless of everyone else’s progress.

 My concern is reaching my dreams and that means achieving wholeness: whatever I do I don’t stagnate, I don’t become complacent, I don’t pretend that 50% is enough, whether I am giving or receiving. So I do things the best way I know how and that is with 100% of me, if I stand out so be it but I will not drop the bar just to fit in. Being true to yourself is so necessary if you want to be happy in life. You need to know yourself and be yourself, many times in my life the real me wouldn’t fit in and I would pretend to be someone else and It only made me miserable, It is very scary discovering who you really are I spent a lot of time people pleasing in my life and as such I never really was the real me and when I discovered who the real me was I wasn’t sure she would make in the real world (sigh and laughter as she seems to be just fine).

So don’t drop your bar to please others or to fit in if your dreams are big go with them block out society and their opinions (only in a positive way don’t isolate yourself from the world). But be yourself see the world from your eyes and don’t easily be swayed always hold your grounds. Another thing is always remember that opinions are just that opinions they should never define you or alarm you. Stand fast in your beliefs and know that no one can make you do what you really don’t want to do. This is your life don’t be afraid to live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment