Tuesday 22 May 2012

Whats life without adventure?


Of lately I have been living a throw caution to the wind kind of lifestyle and it has scared many of my friends and family. Mainly because they were afraid that it was just an act of rebellion or vengeance on my part but it really wasn’t. My lifestyle was so predictable and dull to say the least and well now I can mix it up as I please which is great, in all honesty what is a life without memories and moments to look back on and laugh?( just making stories to tell my grandchildren  one day).

I have always been a vibrant fun loving person but over the years I have tried to deny myself, I tried to be all mature and serious but inside I’m a crazy person that loves dancing, singing, laughing and I’m loud it is just me! I know many hoped that I would chill out being a mom and all but the whole experience didn’t change me and frankly I’m tired of the pretence (the cracken has been unleashed). I love my children but they need to know that their mum is a nut job and embrace her for what she is. This sounds a bit much to put it lightly but how many of us deny our true identity to please the masses, to fit in, or to secure our place in boring old society? Many times I have seen the look in some women’s eyes  literally saying I wish I had the courage to do that, and I have had the what the heck is stopping you look.

I don’t get it I have seen first hand just how short life is and how we are all just living on borrowed time so I feel I owe it to myself to be me and follow my heart. I only have one shot at this life and I plan to live it to the fullest, in everything I do I do whole heartedly with no regrets. This take on life and honesty is fulfilling I go to bed and sleep well knowing this is the real me and I am totally cool with her, (most of the time at least). Life is an adventure don’t sell yourself short being too cautious leave your mark on this planet I know I am……..

1 comment: