Monday 14 May 2012

An Update


When I began my blog roughly about six months ago, I was at a very venerable stage in my life I had just discovered my husband was cheating on me and I decided to leave him. I was trying to set a standard in my life and live by this new standard and my blog was my inner voice advising me. Now it has grown and developed into a whole lifestyle I have had so many interactions with people that were pleased that I wasn’t afraid to share and it has helped many I am pleased to state but most importantly what has the journey done for me?

I have gone from being a broken soul to a shinning ray of light and I don’t say this to brag but healing is a feeling one can not deny. Through the break up I learnt that heart ache does exist and it may get a piece of you, but only you can determine how much it will take from you. During the experience I learnt that a mind set change can conquer depression any day, it’s all about what you tell yourself and what your focus is. I could have sat in my room days on end thinking poor me why did he have to cheat why me what didn’t I do and I don’t deserve this. (We all know where that route leads).

Instead I said to myself you did your very, best you could, you tried till it hurt and the best choice is to fix yourself instead of trying to fix what you never broke. This was my power statement that empowered me. I moved forward and I didn’t look back. Best move of my life I must say the journey has been nothing short of adventurous. I am not saying it has been smooth sailing all the way but I am happy with myself and it’s a great feeling that I am totally fine going with my instincts with few regrets.

This is a major transformation as I always went with everyone else I never knew what I wanted and I always second guessed my self. I never really had a back bone and well for now I can say it is developing. There is so much I need to decide but I’m happy taking my time and coming up with a truly Donna decision that I am able to live with. So six months later and I am on a self trusting journey I have become very hard I don’t like nonsense and I refuse to tolerate it. I am no longer freely giving of my heart I hold it very close to me and I am keeping it safe for now. I am no longer easily intimidated nor am I as fearful as before I am embracing life and taking leaps of courage in various aspects of my life. In short I am out of my comfort zone and embracing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment