Wednesday 9 May 2012

Beauty in Vain..............




This title may seem weird but this is me at the end of my wits again, when I take a step back and wonder what the heck! What is the worth of beauty? Why do we value it so when it is worthless? People worship and treasure beauty as though it is a life achievement, when honestly it is not and well it’s all Gods work and am I really supposed to stand and take credit for being born beautiful! I was just lucky so what’s the fuss about? I have had no genuine success or achievement in my life due to beauty.

I guess I am not ugly that’s why I can speak like this, but really and truly who made being ugly a sin? I haven’t met anyone that asked to be born a certain way. So why do we take credit over something that we do not have any control over? And why do we judge people like they asked for their faces? I feel beauty is nice to have but it certainly is not the defining core of anyone, it shouldn’t be all there is to a person. I try and look for humanity and character in a person looks don’t always count (in my experience the hot ones are usually loony toones) I always say I am more than just a pretty face as people always assume that, that is all there is to me I often wonder why beauty is associated with stupidity, narrow mindedness and laziness.

Society has dubbed beautiful women idiots and not so pretty women intellects. Which I feel is so unfair, how can your looks determine your ability to be smart? I also understand that many have contributed to these assumptions as they portray ignorance with beauty. In all honesty beauty is no different from having an arm or a leg we are all born a certain way lets stop being superficial and making a fuss about nothing we are losing the importance of humanity life has become an appearance and is no longer being lived there is so much more than what meets the eye so lets not make our eyes king. Beauty is great but it’s not all there is to life so shelve it and embrace people and not fronts and apperances.

1 comment:

  1. the misconception of beauty/no-brains ugly/intelligent is reinforced in Hollywood, advertising, fashion industry and well, i have to say that because beautiful people are treated in a certain way that makes it perpetually forces them to be dumb if they allow it and ugly people to be intelligent. its part of the whole patriarchal system of male domination. i.e

    ReplyDelete