Wednesday 6 June 2012

Her (a poem by Tintswalo Tina Mphahlani}

My bosom is bare and my feet peak through the sheet
Although it is cold my tears give me heat
I watch him dress up, from his socks to his shirt
I remain still, I am not to speak of my hurt
Another day another dollar, is what my mama always said
He now takes his jacket and swiftly looks back at the bed
He turns to leave as if he never came
As if the love we made was not good enough, am i to blame?
I still lay here thinking about our previous nights
From the love to the unless bickering and fights
But he always returns and he does me good
Although this morning it did not feel like it should
He said it was the day he was going to finally leave HER
Apart from it all his as noble as the queens sir
But i cannot shake this feeling, this feeling of uncertainty
So i try to block out my moment of insanity
He said he loved me, why else does he always return?
I'm freezing now and my tears burn
But yet i wait, cold like an animal with no fur
Then i realise it, its me he left....... I’m that HER

No comments:

Post a Comment