Wednesday 2 November 2011

The Prompting



I was tasked to write my life's mission statement and I failed. I realized I had lost my why and my drive including my appetite to be. I had always had a plan, idea's and goals to be achieved. Yet I sat down blank and empty with nothing to put to paper. Was I just existing and not living my life? Was I progressing with no real destination?  This was a real eye-opener for loud, focused and outgoing Donna.


Somewhere down the line, I had lost myself, and I had no clue as to where or when. Having led a life of service and people pleasing I guess this was an inevitable outcome. Fortunately, I Made the discovery before it was too late, my eye's were opened and it was time I regained control of my life and stop drifting. I had to find my self and reignite my inner spark.


My journey began as one of understanding my past, accepting it and forgiving myself. Thereafter I had to find my purpose discover my reason for gracing God's amazing earth. Trying to understand what I was made for and grasping my why. I embarked on a journey of education and fear my old friend was not welcome. Courage and strength were my new acquaintances as I sought after knowledge and understanding and prayed for wisdom. This is the beginning of the process of turning ore into a diamond. 

No comments:

Post a Comment