Thursday 3 November 2011

No need to belong!!

I always found that being of mixed race was so liberating because i felt i never had to choose, I never had to be black or white or Indian or typical coloured there was no pressure, I was a part of everyone!!I did not have to belong because i felt at home everywhere and with everyone,i can relate to all situations.Many say we are a confused nation because our roots are scattered but i feel we are privileged because we have such a broad scope of influence,limitless opportunities in self discovery and identification, But it has also taught me to see beyond the exterior it's not colour shape or size that matters we should always go deeper, look beyond the surface find a personality relate to a human not a race or a sex!.Search a little more and when you do there ceases to be the need to belong!When you don't need to belong life is liberating and is a breath of fresh air!

No comments:

Post a Comment