Tuesday 15 November 2011

Back against the wall!!!!

In my journey in life I have always been and I still am constantly on the defensive. I feel as though my back is constantly against the wall! This I feel is because I never had a real support system growing up I never had anyone see and believe there was any good in me, I was not nurtured and comforted and encouraged . I always see people as coming to attack me and my only natural instinct is to protect myself, and ensure that people understand me from my view point. This has made me very argumentative it was excellent when I was young, as I excelled in debate. Realistically its limiting me in so many ways as i can not take positive criticism i always see it as a personal attack and this is one of my character flaws.

Knowledge is power so hopefully my acknowledgement of the problem will enable me to conquer it! I always feel that noting one's weaknesses is very progressive and this is why I have highlighted my weakness as it is so easy to look perfect on paper when the reality is so far from perfect! Never be afraid to admit your wrong or that your not perfect because no one is. Love yourself for who you are mistakes and all and improvement will come naturally.

2 comments:

  1. One of the most important lessons i've learnt in life and hold close to keep my sanity is acknowledging that you are powerless in trying to control or influence people's ideas or views and thus reactions..........all the power you have lies in being able to control your own reactions and actions and this many a time can render the next person powerless when they do not get the typical and expected reaction from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so true the only change we can succesfully initiate is from within!!thanks i really appreciate your input!!!

    ReplyDelete