Monday 27 February 2012

Out There!



This is the state you’re in when you let yourself fall, you put yourself out there you do things you wouldn’t normally do! Love makes you put yourself out there, you just let go and dive headfirst till unfortunately, you hit the ground. Unfortunately, I’m still hitting the ground head first on this subject but I have hope that I’ll eventually get it right. In the meantime let’s reflect on the experience we have gained in relationships!
Firstly I’d say I don’t Have a clue I’m always the one doing, working and trying to no avail. Women have the tendency to do and try and fix things when in essence a relationship is a two-man sport. That is effort should always be given by both parties and in present society, men feel their job is done by being in a relationship. Anyways I’m not on a trip about men I’m on a trip about my experience with love. So, in the beginning, my relationships were great for the first six months or so then I’d suddenly get bored for some unknown reason. I had a good 3 relationships of this nature and I simply cannot explain why I ended them abruptly it may have been fear of rejection or fear of disappointment, I am still uncertain.
Thereafter I had my first real relationship and that was a great experience I had the lightheaded falling in love stage thereafter the bliss of love then the rocky stages which had me winded, in total this relationship lasted 7 years. I realised in this relationship I took compromise to a whole new level I lost myself in changing to suit his needs if he didn’t like it I simply didn’t do it! Love creates this mirage that you just can’t see past, you give and give until there is nothing left to give, and you find yourself empty all of sudden. This is when you hopefully note lessons, for me, my first lesson is I am me, love me or hate me I will no longer stop being me, to please anyone.
My next lesson is compromise, a two-way street, scratch my back and I will scratch yours. Give and take is the basis of life but not in the sense of giving in order to take but give from your heart and the rest should come naturally. Any relationship is work its success relies on two individuals. My third lesson is, have your own, no prince charming is going to sweep you off your feet and make you happy! It may work for a year or two then it gets played out fast, know who you are where you going and how you plan on getting there before attaching yourself to anyone. These are the basic lessons I have learnt in the last decade, I’m ready for the next decade of experience and better choices I hope! Finally, life is a journey never be afraid to travel heartbreak and disappointment are all unavoidable destinations but how you handle them, changes the experience and if you learn for them all the better, Travel safe

No comments:

Post a Comment