Wednesday 26 September 2012

The Testosterone Effect


I have been told many times I have male like mannerisms and my thinking is very different to that of most ladies especially when it comes to relationships. I do know that I was a tomboy when I was younger and I can agree that my thinking is very different, but what I am unsure of is whether or not this is a good or bad thing.
Most women dream of the finding the perfect man having the perfect wedding and living in the perfect house that, that man bought. In my world I am the perfect woman who has everything besides the perfect man (who I am unsure even exits). I prefer having my own cards to bring to the table and having enough power to commandeer respect from everyone. I like power and independence there is nothing better than calling the shots and having your opinions taken.

I am not the wife that sits and nods I’m the woman with an opinion to offer, however I do know how to respect a man and submit to him though he has to be very worthy of it. I don’t need to be taken care of however I am not looking to mother anyone either. I know who I am and where I intend to go in this life and I don’t have the time of day to deal with people that don’t (unless I do care for them). I don’t need a cheerleader but I need to know you love this woman and appreciate where she is on her life’s journey. I like affirmation, then again who truly doesn't  I strive for excellence and I like being the boss, I just can’t help that, this is who I am.

I enjoy having options I never want to be caught unaware; I need to know when, why and how as often as possible, I don’t just go with the flow I prefer being the flow. I am impatient I don’t like waiting if you don’t know what you’re doing I am going to do it myself, I hate relying on people I trust myself best I know how to always ensure the job is done. As long as I’m in the driver’s seat or I can influence the driver then I am in a very happy place, I’m not sure if there are other ladies that can relate but this is me and many say I got too much testosterone in me! Understandably but I just take control and responsibility of my life and if you’re looking for room in my life you need to make your presence known and felt.

1 comment: